As women are as effective in the business world as men, marriages and pregnancy plans can be delayed accordingly. This reduces the pregnancy rates in women, especially with the increase in mother’s age. Especially after the age of 35, pregnancy rates can decrease rapidly with the aging of the eggs. Due delayed pregnancies because of career plans, late marriages, treatments, women can lose their egg reserves without having a child. In particular, women who have to undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy will lose their eggs after the treatment, so they want to guarantee their fertility by freezing eggs.
Who Should Make The Egg Freezing Process?
- Those who have not been married or have not made a child’s plan, even though they exceed 35 years of age,
- Those who have to postpone the pregnancy due to their career plans,
- Those who has to go through Chemo or other radiation therapies,
- Those who has to go through surgical operations related with ovaries etc.
Egg Freezing Process
The process of egg freezing is proceeding like a IVF treatment. The only difference is that after the egg collection process, it passes directly to the freezing process without fertilization.
Step by step;
- On the 2nd or 3rd day of the period, injection treatment is started to develop the woman’s folicules. This development process can be carried out in the country or city where the woman is lives,
- After about 10 days of this injections, follicules get ready to hatch with last injection,
- After the last injection, after 35-36 hours, the woman’s eggs are collected under anesthesia, within a very short period of time.
- Mature eggs are extracted from the collected eggs and freezing is performed.
- For this procedure, only 1 day stay in Cyprus is enough.