Miracle IVF Centre provides egg donation services for women who are not able to achieve pregnancy by using their own eggs. Eggs could be donated by someone you know or, if that is not possible, we are able to provide eggs from a donor. For women who experience hormonal problems, early menopause, surgeries, genetic problems or severe treatments such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy, have missed the opportunity to become a mother or women who do not have successful results from standard IVF or ICSI treatments based on low egg quality, egg deficiency, or lack of eggs, our egg donation treatment is a real miracle. With our egg donation treatment, all women, regardless of their condition, can easily become mothers, even if they are going through menopause.
Donor eggs are usually needed in the following cases:
1. Due to high risk of passing on genetic disease
2. If the ovaries have been effected by illness
3. After an IVF trial that has determined that the eggs have poor quality
4. Premature menopause
Stages of Egg Donation
As described above, egg donation is an IVF-like treatment method that is preferred in situations where the mother has no eggs or the eggs are not sufficient for pregnancy. In this treatment, the egg is collected from the donor and when it is fertilized with the sperm of the father, a healthy embryo is formed. The resulting embryo is transferred to the mother and pregnancy is achieved. However, this treatment method is not the same as regular IVF.
1. The treatment starts by meeting with couples face to face in our centre, or this may also done by phone or e-mail. During this interview, which is conducted by the patient coordinator and Dr. Firdevs, the treatment history and detailed characteristics of the couple is recorded, and a treatment plan is made accordingly. Tests and other preparations are made. Our patient coordinators continuously provide psychological support to couples in the decision-making process and the preparation stage of the egg donation treatment in Cyprus.
2. Egg donors are selected by our specialist Dr. Firdevs according to the information received from the couples, such as their ethnic identities, physical characteristics, dominant characteristics, blood groups etc. After the approval of the donor, the final decision is made by performing comprehensive tests and checks on the donor.
3. As always, fresh eggs are prepared after do a new cycle, where the preparations for the mother and the donor are conducted simultaneously. Therefore, the mother’s menstrual cycle is coordinated before the treatment with the use of pills. If the mother is in menopause, this balancing is not required and treatment can start right away. As the donor’s eggs are developed by Dr. Firdevs, the endometrium of the mother is prepared with various medications.
In this process, our coordinators assist the mother in every stage and ensure that the entire treatment process is smooth. This pre-preparation process starts on the 2nd or 3rd day of the mother’s and donor’s menstrual period and lasts approximately 12 days.
4. After about 12 days of medication treatment, the donor is ready for the egg collection process. All egg cells are fertilized with sperm cells of the father. Since eggs are specifically prepared freshly for one patient and they are not shared with any other patients, we can guarantee at least 10 healthy eggs for each patient. After fertilization, the fertilized embryos are left to evolve in special incubators. On the same day, the endometrium of the mother is examined and a new medication cycle that prepares the mother for pregnancy is started.
5. The last stage of the treatment for egg donation is the embryo transfer stage. This procedure takes place on the 3rd or 5th day of fertilization. The best developing embryos are transferred to the mother in a painless manner, which can be viewed through ultrasound.
About Egg Donors:
You can be assured that all of the collected eggs from our donors have high quality as well as that the donors have been tested (physically and mentally) and they are not older than 25 years of age. As Miracle IVF Cyprus, we guarantee minimum 10-12 fresh, mature donor eggs for all our patients.
Before their eggs are ready for use, donors are also required to undergo a blood test and must answer comprehensive genetic and medical health questions. Another important factor for us is that our selected donors are mothers or they have at least successfully donated egg in the past. You can select donors who have blond hair and blue eyes, from any nationality or ethnic origin, as egg donors are selected according to the information received from the couples, such as their ethnic identities, physical characteristics, dominant characteristics, blood groups etc. The laws in North Cyprus protect the donor and the receiver and it is not possible to identify the donor or the patient. Below you can find all the tests that donors must go through: the initial tests are for infection diseases, the second level tests are for hormones, the third involves chromosome tests and the fourth part tests for genetic diseases.
Test for Infectious diseases
-Anti-HIV, test for AIDS infection/ HIV
-Anti-HCV, test for Hepatitis C Virus
-Rubella IgG, German measles infection
-CMV IgG- test for Cytomegalovirus infection
-HbsAg- test for Hepatitis B virus infection
-VDRL-test for Syphilis infection
The Hormone Tests
1. FSH, follicle stimulating hormone
2. LH, luteinizing hormone
3. AMH, anti-Müllerian hormone to indicate the ovarian reserve
4. TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone
5. E2 level
6. Prolactin, to control the level needed to make breast milk
1. Karyotyping to detect chromosomal abnormalities
2. Cystic fibrosis, lung infections
3. Phenylketonuria, an inborn error of metabolism
4. Thalassemia Major/Minor, the body produces an abnormal form of haemoglobin
5. FMF, Familial Mediterranean Fever or / polyserositis, a genetic auto inflammatory disorder
6. Haemophilia A&B, mostly inherited genetic disorder that impairs the body’s ability to make blood