The most accurate sperm selection with Microchip Technology!
In the last decade at least 50% of fertility-related problems are known to be caused by male infertility. Problems such as low sperm counts, low sperm mobility or low sperm quality can seriously affect the chances of natural pregnancy. This can even impact IVF treatments. In recent years the microchip method was developed by a scientist at Harvard. After much testing, this technique has been implemented by leading fertility clinics. Both microchip and the ultimate chip, which is intended for sperm counts under 5 million, are successfully used at Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs. Miracle IVF Centre is the leading clinic in Cyprus and we ensure we follow and implement all newly launched technologies.
What is Microchip Technology?
There are many different methods for searching for live and healthy sperm cells. These methods, along with developing technologies, are creating more effective treatments every day. Among these methods, special sperm extraction technologies such as microchip and IMSI are leaving behind more dated technologies. With these technologies, we can obtain healthy pregnancies and birth, even with sperm cells that are very weak and are unlikely to create a baby. When performed alongside IVF treatment, the microchip technology helps to increase pregnancy rates. Microchip is performed in the laboratory to identify viable sperm from the male partner.
With the help of Microchip technology:
- We can identify healthy and viable sperm from the less healthy sperm.
- Micro-chips, known as sperm chips, are made up of micro-channels of hormones, mimicking that of the female reproductive system. The sample is placed on the chip and the healthy sperm collect on one side, the unhealthy sperm on the other.
- In terms of DNA, the healthiest and highest quality sperm cells are collected for use in treatment.
- With unhealthy sperm eliminated from the sample, the risk of miscarriage is hugely reduced.
- This method ensures the DNA structure of the embryo is healthy and strong, so the chance of implantation, and therefore the chance of pregnancy, increases exponentially.